Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Life drawing has started again in South Hobart

A quick post to say that after a Christmas break, life drawing has started again on Tuesdays in South Hobart - see the LHS of the blog for details.  Today's model was Rob.  A perfect face for Anthony van Dyck to paint!  Alas, he didn't come along, so we just did what we could. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gay!!! Happy New Year!!! Nicely done! Is a man bun difficult to draw? Might have to try that....a friend's husband sports one and might be willing to model....hmmmm..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mit, happy new year! and sorry for the late reply... I'm not getting to the blog nearly often enough. Funnily enough I've drawn this hairstyle on a man before, and even sculpted it. The resulting bust looked like Captain Cook. I'm coming over to see what you're up to!

      Delete