Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Life drawing in Hobart

Life drawing has moved to a new location in South Hobart.  It's from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on Tuesday every week except the third Tuesday of the month and costs $20.  The organiser is Angela Panaretos, phone 03 6265 9450 or 0415 910 377 for more details.

This is a really enjoyable life drawing group with lots of artists, good models, a morning tea break and no talking during drawing!  Baroque music is mercifully rare.  Our model today was the lovely strong and dignified Melanie.  That straight back comes from three visits to the gym per week.  I should be so diligent.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice figure drawings! Human body is always the best exercise. If one can draw it proportionally, no other forms can be a problem. I like these two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Magyarix, and apologies for my very delayed reply! I'm coming now to visit your artworks!

    ReplyDelete