Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Market stall and origami envelopes

I'll be having a little market stall soon at Book an Adventure, the children's book festival on Bruny Island from 15-18 January.  The stall will be part of the Children's Book and Craft Fair in the Adventure Bay Hall (5 Kellaway Rd) from 10am - 12.30 pm on Sunday 18th Jan.  I will have my books to sell, critter cards (chook, wombat and many more), and glass pendants and earrings in summer colours.  I'll also be GIVING AWAY lots of origami envelopes.  If you would like to make your own, instructions are below.
Hope to see you at the book festival!


1
Instructions for making origami envelopes.

1.  Fold a square piece of paper in half to form a triangle.  A 30 cm square will make an envelope large enough to hold the average card.



2
2.  Fold down one apex to the centre of the base. 







3
 3.  Fold one corner in, making sure it covers the folded-down apex by 1 cm or more.  Glue it down.







4

4.  Fold the other corner across and then fold a flap of it back, from the centre of the envelope.










5
 5.  Open out the flap and refold it into a diamond.  Glue this side of the envelope down.
6
6.  Fold over the remaining apex and tuck into the diamond to close the envelope.  When using the envelope, be sure to use the BACK pocket.

2 comments:

  1. How cool!!! SO wish I could attend!!! Hoping the stall is a BIG success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so busy Gay!! I want to come to the market too! I hope you sold HEAPS! It all looks great! I think I'm going to have to try making those cool envelopes with my boys.

    ReplyDelete