Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Join us for Inside Story at Fullers on Thursday, 30th October

Please join us at Fullers Bookshop, Hobart on Thursday, 30th October at 5.30 pm for INSIDE STORY, where children's book authors and illustrators talk about the stories behind their books.

Coral Tulloch, Alison Lester, Angelica Banks (aka Danielle Wood and Heather Rose), Anne Morgan, Lindsey Little, Rachel Tribout and I will share stories about our latest books.  There'll be lucky door prizes ... food from the books ... people in costume ... and audience participation to create a story of our own using elements from all the books.  I can't wait to see what happens.

Inside Story is an activity of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and will take place in cities around Australia around the 1st of November, so if you're not in Hobart, there may still be an Inside Story near you.  Check the website for events here:
https://australiaeastnz.scbwi.org/events/


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it will be a FABULOUS event!!! Wish I were a wee bit closer!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete