Welcome

My photo
Hello - welcome to my blog about drawing, poetry, children's books, glass art and way too many other things. I’m an artist in Tasmania, Australia. I usually like a splash of science in my art. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, June 9, 2014

Sudan book launch

The work is over!  Please come along and help us celebrate the launch of the two books I've been illustrating, 'When I was a boy in Sudan', and 'When I was a girl in Sudan', together with a related book for adults, 'A Little Peace'.  The launch will be held during Refugee Week on Friday 20th June, 5.30 - 8 pm at the Moonah Arts Centre, which is also hosting an exhibition of artworks for Refugee Week.  Book covers are on the LHS of this blog. 
I expect a very lively celebration.  All welcome!


5 comments:

  1. There in spirit, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfectly lovely! Your art makes me smile, and fills my eyes. That is the greatest compliment I can give. Thank you for dropping by. What an encourager you are! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    So satisfying to complete such big projects, & especially ones like these that are so meaningful!! Enjoy the moment!!! I will be there in spirit, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi gay
    Good to hear you have finished! Congrats. Good luck. Have fun at the launch.
    Love
    Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all concerned! Lovely books for a great project!

    ReplyDelete