Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hobart Graphics Festival - June 5th - 8th

In my last post I mentioned an upcoming festival in Hobart featuring illustrators, cartoonists, graphic novelists, comic book artists and animators.  It's Her Majesty’s Favourite Really Great Graphical Festival and will be happening June 5th - 8th (soon!) with a few pre-festival events including the fabulous Captain Blueberry (aka Rachel Tribout)'s book launch 'The Monsters of Tasmania' on 28th May.  There's a great program featuring a zine fair, talks, live drawing performances and book launches.  I'll be one of several artists giving a talk at A Thousand Words - Thursday June 5th, 6pm at Constance gallery, 100 Goulburn St (entry by single gold coin donation, bar open, proceeds go to the gallery).  Featuring Tony Thorne, Sam Lyne, Gay McKinnon, Christopher Downes, Hiiragi, Rex Smeal, Paul Peart-Smith, Tom O’Hern and Sarah Catherine Firth.  Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment