Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Merry Christmas

Harrumph! Well, I suppose you all want to have a merry Christmas. Jollity and all that. I can't stop you. Go ahead. You might as well have a Happy New Year while you're at it. 
Whatever.
I'm too busy to stand here chatting.  I have to go and hang tinsel.
And make punch.
Will it ever end?

9 comments:

  1. Love it!
    About your comment on my blog,I am well thanks Gay, just lazy, all the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rhino! He bears an uncanny resemblance to my 2 1/2 year old nephew when he's been asked to do something he doesn't want to do :) BTW, are you on Facebook? I searched for your name this week (I *finally* joined FB) but couldn't find it.

    Cheers,
    Marianne (Musgrove) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook - faugh! No, Marianne, no no no no no! Et tu, Brute?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've crossed over to the dark side. Come join us, Gay (accompanied by evil cackle) ...

      Delete
  3. Ha ha! This made me smile! Love his expression!! I know how you feel - I'm beyond busy too!!! Why are the holidays so crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL You are so creative, so humorous. LOVE your artwork, my Friend! Thank you for the smiles this morning. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you're kidding, but I really do get griped at all the Christmas hustle: the early panic to grab up all the Black Friday sales, the traffic jams, the rush to get the very best tree, followed by the final humiliation for that beautiful tree: to be thrown out in the alley immediately after New Years day. I've driven through the alleys to see all those sad, discarded trees, and wonder about the true meaning of Christmas. But your funny rhino says it all. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas, Gay. Hope the day is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's a cantankerous fellow. I guess I have a love-hate relationship with the whole season. Maybe everyone does! Maybe the rhino will make another, happier appearance? Valentine's Day? :D

    ReplyDelete