Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Book launched

Yes, we've launched the Smallest Carbon Footprint in the Land! Here are some photos from last Thursday's launch at The Hobart Book Shop.   I look almost indecently pleased with myself - signing my first book with the new Parker pen kindly given to me on the night by the author, Anne Morgan.  You can see from my shirt that I met with a little fowl play on the way there.

It was a wonderful evening with people coming in character - you can see in the second photo the gardener Prince Jamie (in hat, third from left), the bearded pumpkin grower Gordon (in Scots attire, holding pumpkin), genie Bling and the op-shop fairy godmother.  The author, Anne (far left) is doing a reading from the book with  young actor Tas (second from left) playing the big bad wolf.  The bottom photo shows some of the forty or so people who came along including glass artists, painters, scientists, authors, other friends and people who just wandered in off the square.  Thanks to all who came, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gay,
    Wow, so pleased for you. What a fantastic moment. Yay, doing cartwheels for you... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations! ((hugs)) You do have a lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. definitely a face-aching smile, lovely to see what you have achieved in your third (?) career when you had the confidence to just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Gay! And now you are a published illustrator! Here's to more commissions to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment on Geometric! It is so great to know there is someone else out there who notices stuff like this. I catch geometric patterns in the clouds all the time. They seem to be all through nature--yet we are told these kinds of patterns are not found in nature. Hmmmm... (grin)

    Thanks again for your inspiring comments--not to mention that you are a wonderful artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look super happy Gay! congrats.

    ReplyDelete