Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Illustrators' meeting on 30 November

Back by popular demand!  The Australian Society of Authors is running another illustrators' event (You Show Me Yours and I'll Show You Mine) on Friday 30th November at the New Sydney Hotel, 87 Bathurst St, Hobart from 4 - 6 pm (https://www.asauthors.org/event/1203/you-show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine).  Bring along your folio and share your work and experiences, good, bad and hilarious, with other illustrators.  This event is free and was a huge success last time (4th May 2012) with animators, cartoonists and illustrators across genres.  To register, email the ASA on events@asauthors.org.  Please copy me into the email (silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au) so I know how many to expect.

3 comments:

  1. I do wish this were in the New Sydney Hotel in SYDNEY! I could ride the train down and meet you, in any case I hope the gig goes well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little illustration, rather meditative! Sounds like a great event and I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carole and Cindy - yeah, when are they going to put in that Bass Strait rail link?! If anyone is interested & doesn't live in Tas, the ASA is having matching events in all the capital cities, which you can find on their web page.

    ReplyDelete