Welcome

My photo
Hello - welcome to my blog about drawing, poetry, children's books, glass art and way too many other things. I’m an artist in Tasmania, Australia. I usually like a splash of science in my art. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Pencils down - daffodils up

It's done!  I've put in a final burst of drawing, finishing all the illustrations for The Book, and today they are ready to send to publisher IP Kidz.  Here are the wraparound cover and a couple of my favourite internal illustrations.  The little pigs are escaping the huffing and puffing of a wolf, which gave me the opportunity to indulge in an extravagant ink splatter.  The ballroom scene was a chance to get terribly romantic and borrow a little style from French cartoonists, early 1960's. 
There may be adjustments to some illustrations but on the whole it is time to lay down my pencils and enjoy spring, which has burst forth in cherry blossom, camellias, wattle blossom, and daffodils in the past couple of weeks.  (It snowed yesterday, but I shall ignore that).  Ah, life is beautiful!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful illustrations...so excited for you. Well done.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine - are you back from your holiday? I've just read your latest post. I hope your trip was/is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable issues here. I’m very satisfied to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW.... Your illustrations are beautiful! :D Thanks for commenting on my blog by the way! Yeah, dead giveaway! Hahaha. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! And you must be so happy to have finished! I love the tiny pair of pants and other items bursting out of your extravagant ink splatter, so great! The wraparound of course is adorable and wow, I am such a fan of that retro grayscale romantic scene! So much wonderful detail and contrast! (I want to do a chandelier now.) Also, I hope you are feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the two little pigs drawing is great. I hope that isnt the third little pig exploding. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! Congratulations Gay! What an achievement. The illustrations are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks y'all - gee, I never thought of the third little pig exploding. Yikes indeed. It's just soot from the chimney Ted - what are you thinking!! Now I'm seeing it as a terrible scene. Thanks Cindy, the shoulder is puttering away, maybe getting a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ~ Wonderful work ~ Illustration are so professional ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor)
    thanks for coming by ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hellooooooooo! Oh my goodness It been a long time I know. Hope that you are well and creating up a storm where you are. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me. I so appreciate.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! A lot of nice artwork has been done here, since I have been here. I should really follow sites, not just theoretically.
    Thanks for your regular comments! Your way too polite question regarding framing inspirations have been answered ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaw, that's great news! The illustrations and the cover are looking fabulous! it must be very satisfying to finish your work! Thanks a lot for stopping by on my blog, I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gail! Hope you are well! An entire month went by. I have to tell you, I have no idea where September went. It certainly didn't unpack its bags and settle in!

    ReplyDelete