Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Freeze

'Freeze!'  I've always wanted to say that.  It's on the wish list, together with 'Silence, fools!' and 'Take him away'  - the latter said with curled lip and arms folded implacably, Phantom-like, across the chest. In real life these remarks usually fall disappointingly flat.  But I live in hope.

I drew these kids, but I'm not sure what they're doing.  Are they playing the game of Statues, where you sneak up behind someone and freeze when s/he turns round?  Or signalling to a UFO, or doing Tai Chi on a fine winter's morning?  Or posing for a photo with their frozen companion?  That must be it.  Nothing's really happened these days unless you've photographed it on your mobile phone.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, so cute! My first thought was freeze tag but the longer I look, the more Tai Chi I see. Perhaps all of the answers are correct! Or wait, maybe it's freeze tag but you must freeze in a Thai Chi like pose. :D Looks so chilly and wintery! But also fun and happy and that snowman has such a cute little smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, looks a lot like Tai Chi to me ;), love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're mimicking the snowman. Maybe they're trying to fly away like in Raymond Briggs's "The Snowman". Perfect freezing snowy day scene.

    ReplyDelete