Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vocal

I hope everyone had a little holiday over Easter. 
For Illustration Friday, and also an upcoming book reading by members of the Children's Book Council of Australia, featuring books about chickens - here's a hen getting excited about a book.  This was inspired by one of the few jokes I can remember, about a chicken who keeps coming into a library and saying: 'Book, book, book.'  The librarian selects books, but can't keep up with the chicken's demands.  Finally the librarian follows the chicken and finds it giving the books to a frog, who grumbles: 'Reddit, reddit, reddit.'

11 comments:

  1. I do love chickens and this one is a cutieThe joke is cute too, unfortunately all of the jokes I remember from school were pretty lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it:)So cute and clever:)Thanks for the comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. My children are going to crack up over it (they are in the word-play stage.) Very nice illustration too! Love the color accents in just the right spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Cute chicken! Love the depth of her color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Quite an earnest and curious chicken. Love the loose watercolor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha so silly! I really like the loose style. And illustrations with books are awesome, of course. By the way, thank you for the platypus suggestion. I'll see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!Ha! Good joke and lovely fun illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, marvelous! Love the illustration to go with the joke! :o)

    ReplyDelete