Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Return


Illustration Friday's theme 'Return' this week fits one of the pictures I've been working on for Anne Morgan's book, 'The Smallest Carbon Footprint in the Land' (IP Kidz).  Anne's stories all have an environmental theme and in this one, our space cadet heroine learns that thrown out rubbish isn't really gone but will return in some form to bite us.  I really enjoyed creating that plume of junk and dirt!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like a really neat story.

    And who doesn't like creating a plume of junk and dirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat idea and such a cool illustration. I love the little character and that contraption is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really reminds me of a children's book illustration from the sixties. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That illo is enough to start me actually MENDING socks again! (when did everyone stop doing that?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely illustration. Reminds me of Ronald Searle's work, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute, despite the seriousness of the situation!!! Love the "plume of junk & dirt" of course, but the machine is cool as well!

    ReplyDelete