Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beach weather at last

Just a quick post to say - it's high summer in Tasmania at last, so I'm flat out making glass for markets & shops, seeing visiting friends, and going to the beach...  I'll have my last pre-Christmas stall at Salamanca Market on Saturday 17th Oct, with specials on red and green glass, and hope I'll have time to compose a special Christmas illustration after that.  I just had a lovely win with my wombat and other animals in the Omnibus Books illustrated envelope competition and will receive five hardback picture books as a prize!  I also won the opportunity to show the Omnibus art director my portfolio, which was very exciting.  I'll just hint darkly that I should also have news about my first book publishing project (with a different publisher) by New Year. So, a busy end to 2011, but a good one.  I hope everyone is enjoying themselves, whether in southern hemisphere summer or northern hemisphere snow. 

This photo is of Roaring Beach on the Esperance Coast Road, near Dover, southern Tasmania, today.  Could anything be lovelier??

3 comments:

  1. May I order my autographed copy now? ..(.barely contained squeals of delight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Omnibus opportunity, Gay! Brilliant!! :)
    btw, we're back in Hobart from the 18th April for 2 weeks. Hope we get a chance to meet up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dude,just purchased some land on roaring beach road,the area looks beautiful,hopefully be there in the not so distant future,congradulations on success,hope you sold lots of glass at the markets kind regards adam,acmcloskey@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete