Welcome

My photo
Hello - welcome to my blog about drawing, poetry, children's books, glass art and way too many other things. I’m an artist in Tasmania, Australia. I usually like a splash of science in my art. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fun with children's book authors

Here are a few photos from the past few weeks, showing some of my recent shenanigans with Australian children's book authors.  The lovely Sheryl Gwyther was in Hobart for a writing retreat of about five weeks, and visited my glass studio, where I put her to work designing pendants:
Sheryl is the most enthusiastic of authors and a mine of information on writing and children's books. Together with Julie Hunt, we headed up to Launceston for the launch of Claire Saxby and Christina Booth's new picture book, 'The Carrum Sailing Club'.  The launch was 'a hoot' as Claire said and there are some nice photos on Claire's blog (http://letshavewords.blogspot.com/2011/10/joining-jet-set.html).  Christina decorated the cake, following her own illustrations - I'll have to start practising!  Afterwards we wandered about Launceston and Sheryl managed to take the following photo making Julie and me look quite tall (that's a short statue):

I must say it is nice to be among such fabulous writers and artists who just happen to be my height, too.

3 comments:

  1. Short writers and artists for short people...wonderful...sounds like you had a wonderful time... love the new header...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this post, Gay! :) What lovely memories I have of that time.

    ReplyDelete