Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Upcoming event at bookstore

On Saturday 30th July I'll be at Shambles Bookstore in Sorell, Tasmania with three authors of children's books: Anne Morgan, Julie Hunt and Sue Moss.  Anne, Julie and Sue will read from their recent picture books, and will do book signings.  I'll show some of my artwork, and do on-the-spot illustration while Julie reads from her book series about the daring heroine "Little Else".  There will be plenty of paper and pencils for children and adults who want to join in with the drawing, and I might be asking for a few story ideas on my latest drawing ... (see below) ...



3 comments:

  1. Hi Gay, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. What a great idea,hope the demo goes well. Let us know what ideas the kids come up with. Stay warm, we are freezing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck and have fun on the 30th, Gay. Caught up with Julie at the SCBWI meeting last Saturday; great to have a Tassie rep at the Victorian meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your artwork. I found you through Illustration Friday--I'm so glad I did.

    I have featured your blog and artwork on this week's FATuesday Artist Spotlight.

    Your work is wonderful! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete