Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sketchbook: a neater, fleeter cheetah

I was sketching this lazy cheetah and couldn't do a thing with him.  Suddenly he got up and started doing yoga, then he got into some weights and gymnastics. That thing with the springs is a chest expander - people had them in the 70's.  I was thinking of doing a verse to go with him, along the lines of: "Never try to cheat a cheetah - don't mistreat or beat a cheetah", but as he looks to be getting fit, something about a neater fleeter cheetah might be completer and have a better meter.
Post your cheetah poems here.  You know you want to.

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen a sweeter cheetah,
    Gay he is the best,
    Your cheetah is a world beater,
    A book would be the test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have printed out your genial cheetahs as an inspiration to post on my fridg.(Should I delete the poor guy with the weights? He's obviously overambitious!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely cheetah poem, origa-me! I wonder if I could sustain him for a whole book. Maybe not if he's going to pick up those weights ... I could give him a hula hoop instead for his abs (?)

    ReplyDelete