Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a painter, glass artist, book illustrator and scientist. This year I'm training as a literacy tutor and teacher's assistant, combined with working in the studio and the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Myth and legend

I'm just back from a lovely holiday in north Queensland, where I soaked up some sun, swam in pristine rainforest creeks and waterfalls, caught up with family, and didn't draw or even photograph a thing.  And I must say it seems to have done my brain good, because I suddenly discovered on my return how to edit my folio website.  It now has three pages and looks much smarter (I hope!) than when everything was higgledy-piggledy on one page.  Please visit!  The link is on the top left.

With the benefit of perspective gained by getting away for a bit, I've resolved to build up my folio in an area that interests me - illustration for older readers of poetry, myths and legends.  This is a painting I did some years ago, but I'll be doing some new ones for the folio soon.  Glass buyers/enquirers, I promise to attend Salamanca Market again soon.  I'll post the date at the top of the blog.  Watch this space for more glass photos soon.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment