Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Zero2Illo and other challenges

A fellow member of WaWe has just let me know of a new blog for aspiring illustrators:  Zero2Illo, a 12-week challenge for anyone wanting to kick-start their career in freelance illustration or change their direction in the field.  The response to this blog has been massive (about 150 participants at the time of this post) and I'm looking forward to participating and seeing how it develops.  Through this blog, I also discovered "Escape from Illustration Island", another great site with a wealth of information & networking for illustrators.

Here's my illustration for this week's Watercolour Wednesdays challenge (the theme was 'baby animals')...

3 comments:

  1. Awww gorgeous ... very Mitzi-esque : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Gay! So cuddly and snuggly and publishable!

    XXx!

    ReplyDelete