Welcome

My photo
Hello, and welcome to my art blog from Tasmania, Australia. I've spent time as a plant geneticist, teacher's assistant, painter, glass artist and book illustrator. I'm usually in the studio, the classroom or the lab. If you'd like to see more, please try the links to my folio page or email me at silvergumstudio@yahoo.com.au. Thank you!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jellyfish chandelier installed

To open my blog... here are some photos of my recently installed jellyfish chandelier. I made it from plain window glass in collaboration with Sydney friend David Khedoori (pictured) and David Wheeler-Smith from Simply Shopfittings, who did the metalwork and organised the light. Our original plan was to light it with fibre optics, but a simple LED light worked beautifully. The big surprise - those gorgeous shadows on the walls. We love it.

2 comments:

  1. hi there Gay ... wow the chandelier is fabulous ... would love to see it sometime! Haven't been to market of late but plan to next saturday off ... wow ... time ... is summer over? Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete